Her answers are below in bold. Let us know what makes Amanda like you in the comments.
- I've written three completed books, and one (so far) has seen the light of day. I've also written many short stories and fragment novels.
- My favorite type of scene/character/setting to write is anything involving angst, tension, and strange happenings.
- No matter how long I've been writing, I still have issues with the terror of the opening page.
- A typical comment from my critique partner is "Can you explain this further?" I have a tendency to be too subtle.
- The book I wished I wrote is The Knife of Never Letting Go by Patrick Ness.
- If my editor really knew how crazy I was, he would find out I sew elaborate cosplays for cons and knit companion cubes. Oh wait, I think I let that slip when I mailed him a handmade unicorn horn and pony ears.
- When I was querying, I felt powerless.
- The biggest mistake I ever made querying was sending an attachment when one wasn't requested; it landed the email in the spam filter. Oops.
- The craziest thought I've ever had while querying is I know everyone else has to write multiple books before they get an agent, but I'm sure I'll be an exception! (Haha. I wasn't.)
- When I got "The Call," my first thought was it's really happening!
- When I saw my book sale in Publishers Marketplace, I flailed.
Amanda on Life Outside WritingAmanda Sun was born in Deep River, a small town where she could escape into the surrounding forest to read. An archaeologist by training, her intense fear of spiders keeps her indoors where she writes novels instead. She will write your name in Egyptian Hieroglyphic if you ask, though. The Paper Gods is inspired by her time living in Osaka and traveling throughout Japan. She currently lives in Toronto, where she keeps busy knitting companion cubes, gaming and sewing costumes for anime conventions. Ink is her first novel. Visit her on the web at www.AmandaSunBooks.com and on Twitter at @Amanda_Sun.
- If I weren't a writer, I'd probably be an archaeologist.
- Secretly, I'm terrified of spiders. This isn't really a secret.
- My secret boyfriend is Matsumoto Jun. This also isn't a secret.
- Sometimes, when no one is around, I have Kpop dance parties while I unload my dishwasher.