Agency sister Jodi Meadows volunteered to be the first in my new blog series, Writers Like Us. Jodi's second book in her INCARNATE trilogy–out January 29, 2013 is available for pre-order. And INCARNATE is out in paperback today!
Jodi on Writing
- I've written 21 books, and 2, eventually 3 have seen the light of day.
- My favorite type of scene/character/setting to write is something mundane that becomes slightly magical.
- No matter how long I've been writing, I still have issues with spelling.
- A typical comment from my CP is "Didn't you check for typos?"
Jodi on Getting Published
- If my agent really knew how crazy I was, she would find out nothing. She already knows. I try not to hold anything back, that way she's prepared for any other crazy client who comes at her.
- When I was querying, I felt depressed.
- The biggest mistake I ever made querying was when I sent requested pages...for the wrong manuscript.
- The craziest thought I've ever had while writing/querying/subbing/being published is "I should quit."
- When I got "The Call," my first thought was "They're going to say it's a joke any minute now."
- When I saw my book sale in Publishers Marketplace, I cried.
Jodi on Life Outside Writing
- If I weren't a writer, I'd probably be a unicorn.
- Secretly, I'm terrified of GERMS.
- My secret boyfriend is fictional.
- Sometimes, when no one is around, I sing to the ferrets (they wish I wouldn't).
*A Kippy is a cat.