Monday, August 17, 2015

Ready Set Write - Week 11


Ready Set Write is a summer writing intensive that provides an opportunity for us to cheer each other on wherever we’re at in our writing—planning, drafting, or revising. This year, your RSW hosts are Alison MillerKaty UppermanErin FunkElodie Nowodazkij, and Jaime MorrowJoin us by posting your updated goals on your blog, and linking up with the widget on any of the hosts' blogs posted every Monday morning.


It's GO TIME! I'm writing this post in a rush because I have to be on the road in 50 minutes. I'm driving 5 hours to Virginia to stay with Jodi Meadows for three days of writing, cupcake eating, and nonsense. I have an outline and some character development and now I need a serious kick in the butt to start this manuscript. 


1. Last week's goals:
  • Talk to CP Dana and nail this outline down. I'm reving my engine to start this MS, but don't want to skid off the track because I started to write too soon. √ Dana Elmendorf is amazing, btw. I have five pages of notes from our convo and she helped me make all the hard decisions and kept me from wandering down weird, rambley paths.
  • Hit the gym 2X. Only once (sigh). 
  • Go to 2 yoga classes. Only one (sigh).
  • Head down to Maryland for some much-needed family time. √ And it was SO, so needed. My nan turned 86 and we always do a huge party for her. This year it was in her assisted living home and while it was a bit strange at first, everyone really came together
  • Also, I think PitchWars submissions start soon so that means I'll be digging through slush at some point. √ YAAAAS! The submission window opened early and Stephanie Scott and I received some exciting entries. There are so many writers that we're falling in serious love with.  

2. My goal(s) for this week:
  • It's all about writing this week. I want to get a serious first draft going. I hesitate to put any numerical goals around it. 
  • I need to get to yoga this week (2X). My body is starting to feel it when I go without a class for a few days. 
  • This weekend is my birthday party! So....eat cake? Can that be a goal?

I'll be around to comment later on the bloghop this afternoon. See ya next week! Eat cake, guys!


4 comments:

  1. Uh, I'm a *little* jealous of your writing/cupcake retreat! Sounds amazing, and I'm looking forward to hearing all about it! Best of luck getting that draft going, Valerie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The writing/cupcake retreat sounds like tons of fun - enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eating cake is always a good goal. Glad the family time was good - hopefully it will be rejuvinating for this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have so much fun on your visit with Jodi! And yes,eating cake can and should be a goal. You'll need it to fuel everything you've got going on! Happy birthday btw, and hope you get tons of writing done this week!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...