Ready Set Write is a summer writing intensive that provides an opportunity for us to cheer each other on wherever we’re at in our writing—planning, drafting, or revising. This year, your RSW hosts are Alison Miller, Katy Upperman, Erin Funk, Elodie Nowodazkij, and Jaime Morrow. Join us by posting your updated goals on your blog, and linking up with the widget on any of the hosts' blogs posted every Monday morning.
1. How I did on last week’s goals:
- I want to keep the words a-flowing, so I'll aim for another 5-7K. √ >5K--I sent a 15 page outline to my agent.
- Hit the gym 3x (that seems to be my sweet spot). √
- Read 1 book--The Poisonwood Bible is on deck. I started it (it's a long book, guys).
2. My goal(s) for this week:
- Dive head first into this new manuscript. I have it plotted out pretty well so hopefully I won't hit many snags. I'll have to see if my agent has any major adjustments/comments.
- Go to the gym 3x. That elliptical is going to be my BFF this week.
- Go to 3 yoga classes. My typical class schedule is Monday, Wednesday, Sunday.
- Get up with the alarm at 7AM. Due to night writing, I've been sleeping in too long and want to shake the habit.
- Check out the #PitchWars hashtag and convince everyone to submit to me and Stephanie Scott (wink, wink; nudge, nudge).
3. The biggest challenge I faced this week: The sleeping in thing is becoming my number one problem. I'm going to combat it with earlier bedtimes and hitting the gym in the mornings.
4. Something I love about my WiP: that it makes me feel...