**Make sure you congratulate Katie on her RITA nomination too!**
Her answers are below in bold. Let us know what makes Katie like you in the comments.
Katie on Writing
- I've written five books, and three of them will see the light of day.
- My favorite type of scene to write is a kissing scene!
- No matter how long I've been writing, I still have issues with overusing the same word in a scene. It takes me forever to edit a manuscript as a flip through a thesaurus!
- A typical comment from my critique partner is "are they wearing clothes in this scene because if so, you should describe it every once in a while."
- The book I wished I wrote is The Outsiders. I love that book.
- When I was querying, I felt defeated. I never thought my writing was good enough.
- The biggest mistake I ever made querying was not looking far enough on a website. I thought I had looked everywhere for a certain agent’s submission guidelines, but I had not noticed the scroll bar that indicated that I needed to scroll down. I submitted on what I hoped was right the procedure and the agent e-mailed back and told me I submitted improperly.
- When I got "The Call," my first thought was that this wasn’t happening. That I fell, hit my head, and was in a coma.
- When I saw my book sale in Publishers Marketplace, I became so emotional that I walked away from the computer. It was to much to take in.
Katie on Life Outside WritingKatie McGarry was a teenager during the age of grunge and boy bands and remembers those years as the best and worst of her life. She is a lover of music, happy endings, and reality television, and is a secret University of Kentucky basketball fan. Katie would love to hear from her readers. Contact her via her website, katielmcgarry.com, follow her on Twitter @KatieMcGarry, or become a fan on Facebook and Goodreads.
- If I weren't a writer, I'd probably be a stay at home mom. It’s what I am now and I love every second of it!
- Secretly, I'm terrified of cemeteries. I’d love to watch the Walking Dead, but I’m scared I’ll never sleep again if I do.
- Sometimes, when no one is around, I sing, which is a crime. I’m awful at singing!