Thursday, April 7, 2016

Mid-Spring Check In


What I'm Writing

Yeah, writing is hard. I won't lie, sometimes I'm convinced none of my writing sticks and I'm running out of noodles.

I have a pretty solid first draft of a new young adult manuscript. I've been trying to tackle more commercial plotlines. Things that could be considered thrillers or high-concept. My brain is so good at emotional story arcs, but when I have to figure out how a resolution works out or raise stakes, I fizzle out.

The good news is that I had a couple of really great critiques come in and set me back on track--hopefully in the right direction. I'm sitting here in front of a blank cork board with a stack of Post-its and I'm ready to replot my entire book.


What I'm Reading



What I'm Listening To



What I've Been Up To
Well, this little monster has been keeping me on my toes for the last week. Meet Lucy, our new puppy! We brought her home last Tuesday and my life has been full of: puppy wrangling, accident cleaning, ah-ah-ahing, and attempting to look away for oooooone second to work. It's impossible. That face makes it all worth it, though.


A photo posted by Valerie Cole ❤️ (@valeriecoleya) on

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...