BFF Kelly and I even started reading on the plane (orrr maybe we just tortured Bria Quinlan because we had an ARC of WHERE THE STARS STILL SHINE in our possession)!
So in July, I read:
- Sara Zarr's THE LUCY VARIATIONS (completely, ridiculously awesome. Read this one right now!)
- Lauren Myracle's THE INFINITE MOMENT OF US (another super awesome book coming out in September)
- Deb Caletti's THE STORY OF US (gorgeous prose)
- Melissa Landers' ALIENATED (doesn't come out until next year but needs to go to the tippy top of your TBR pile!)
- Gemma Burgess' BROOKLYN GIRLS (funny and sweet. I adored it up and down)
- Jodi Meadows' PHOENIX OVERTURE (AHHH! So excited for this one to come out in September)
If you're curious, Kelly read Trish Doller's WHERE THE STARS STILL SHINE and Bria Quinlan's WRECKLESS. And then she made me do social things like kayak and go out to dinner because she's the best friend an introverted book nerd can have.
So here's what I plan to read for August:
- Jessica Martinez's THE VOW (which I already started and OMG is so good!)
- Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner's THESE BROKEN STARS
- and one more crack at Maggie Stiefvater's THE RAVEN BOYS (which, I swear, I will start and finish one of these days!)
Happy August reading! Also, remember to let your best friend make you do some activities this summer. It's good to take your nose out of your book and take a look at the world around you.
And if that's not your speed, look at this turtle, yo!
(PS do not judge my weird, gross hair. I was in FLORIDA! Enough said.)