Her answers are below in bold. Let us know what makes Melissa like you in the comments.
Melissa on Writing
- I've written 6 books, and 6 have seen (or will see) the light of day by early 2014.
- My favorite type of scene to write is smoochy-smoochy, sweet lovin' scenes!
- No matter how long I've been writing, I still have issues with self confidence.
- A typical comment from my critique partner is "Can you flesh this out a little?" (I tend to underwrite.)
- The book I wished I wrote is Harry Potter.
Melissa on Getting Published
- If my agent and editors really knew how crazy I was, they would find out...psh, nothing! I don't hide my crazy very well. They already know I'm neurotic!
- When I was querying, I felt strangely excited. I got a little thrill each time I clicked "send" on a new query. It was addictive.
- The biggest mistake I ever made querying was over-querying. (See above. I was excited!)
- The craziest thought I've ever had while being published is "I can easily write in two genres--all it takes is good time management skills." (Bwahaha! I'm keeping a foot in two genres, but there's NOTHING easy about it!)
- When I got "The Call," my first thought was "HOLY SH*T!" followed by "If I died right now, I would die happy."
- When I saw my book sale in Publishers Marketplace, I took a screen shot and saved it as my desktop background for over a month.
Melissa on Life Outside Writing
- If I weren't a writer, I'd probably be a really cranky teacher.
- Secretly, I'm terrified of cockroaches, especially the horrible flying kind from south Texas.
- My secret girlfriend/boyfriend is Joe Manganiello. (Shhh...don't tell my husband.)
- Sometimes, when no one is around, I put in my earbuds, lock myself in the bedroom, and dance like a fool.