Wednesday, October 29, 2014

777 Challenge

Mandie Baxter, all around cool girl and fellow redhead, tagged me in the 777 challenge.
The 777 challenge is when a writer is challenged by another writer to post the seven lines of text, seven lines down on the seventh page of their work-in-progress.
 You can check out Mandie's 777 here on her blog. And, from my current WIP (that is still in first draft mode and currently killing me), here's mine...

When I leaned over to rub at a bit of dirt smudged on the rubber toe of my shoes, Charlotte Lafleur raised an eyebrow at me. She was a small girl with silky dark hair and judgey little eyes. She’d been flashing them at me all morning. In homeroom when I sat Dad’s ratty army bag on the floor next to her designer-looking purse. In science when I’d pulled out a crumbly spiral-bound notebook and everyone else flipped open their laptops. At the bathroom sink when I’d brought my sudsy hands to my nose to smell the lavender and chamomile soap.

And the meme says I have to tag a few peeps, soooo: 
Stephanie Scott, Dana Elmendorf, and Erica Chapman, you guys are up next! <3


3 comments:

  1. Yay! Fun tag. Curious about these girls and the judgy eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) Can't wait to read the full!

    Alas, I don't have a WIP right now. I am gutting one and just have an outline. Then I have another outline for a Nano book. I'm at a weird in-between spot right now.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...