Her answers are below in bold. Let us know what makes Tera like you in the comments.
Tera on Writing
- My favorite type of scene/character/setting to write is:
- scene: action, lots of butt-kicking
- character: the mean girl... with a heart of gold
- setting: exotic and fun
- No matter how long I've been writing, I still have issues with procrastination.
- A typical comment from my critique partner is "What happened to [insert name of character who disappeared halfway through book]?"
- The book I wished I wrote is, at the moment, Premeditated by Josin McQuein.
Tera on Getting Published
- If my agent really knew how crazy I was, she would find out... nothing surprising. She knows. Oh, she knows.
- When I was querying, I felt determined.
- The biggest mistake I ever made querying was sending a simultaneous submission to an agency that doesn't "accept" them (but I don't regret it one bit).
- The craziest thought I've ever had while being published is "If I could just get to the next rung on the ladder, everything will be easier." Applies to all of the above.
- When I got "The Call," my first thought was "Don't crash the car."
- When I saw my book sale in Publishers Marketplace, I cried. And I am not a "happy tears" girl.
Tera on Life Outside Writing
- If I weren't a writer, I'd probably be a web designer.
- Secretly, I'm terrified of the apocalypse.
- My secret girlfriend/boyfriend is Newark mayor Cory Booker.
- Sometimes, when no one is around, I reorganize things by color. Like books. And clothes. And iPhone apps.