Saturday, January 3, 2015

Currently Reading - January 2015

Hello!

I hope everyone had an awesome New Year! I was in NYC again hanging out with BFF Kelly. We fondued and watched Dick Clark's Rocking New Years Eve on her couch. It's kinda crazy to watch everything going on in Times Square on TV from a few streets away. (Seriously, though. How was Taylor not cold as hell in that outfit? Also, did that make me sound old to ask that?)


On New Year's Eve, I got up early to finish my last book of 2014 (Deerskin by Robin McKinley, which was fantastic), which put my total at 130.


Since I'm spending the first part of 2015 finishing up a manuscript, I set my goal for 100 this year. I figured I'd slow my reading roll down so that I can tackle a new challenge. I'd love to read more non-fic, historical fic, and basically anything non-YA this year. So I have a few different titles lined up for January.


I also made a rule that I am NOT buying any new books until I get through my insane TBR pile. That means 2015 reads are going to be on the back burner for me (for a little while). I had the opportunity to read a lot of titles I was dying for this year (All The Bright Places, Under A Painted Sky, The Last Time We Say Goodbye), and am so grateful for the friends and publishers who allowed me access to their ARCs.


So this is how I'm starting off my New Year in reading. How about you?

2015 Reading Challenge

2015 Reading Challenge
Valerie has read 2 books toward her goal of 100 books.
hide

2 comments:

  1. I'm going to put Deerskin on my TBR list. I've been watching REIGN the CW series and really enjoying. Currently, I'm reading Claire Cook's NEVER TOO LATE. Thanks for the informative and fun blog. HAPPY NEW YEAR.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I kind of did the opposite you did, last year I read a lot of non-YA books and I'm trying to get back focused on so many books I NEED to read in YA but haven't taken the time (Finish Daughter of Smoke and Bone series, Raven Boys, Eleanor and Park, etc.) And YAY to finish drafting! Get 'er done so I can read it! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...