She's actively looking for women's fiction, YA, literary fiction, and memoir. You can find her submission guidelines here, and tweeting under @AgentShea.
Katie on Agenting
- When writers query me, I really wish the story line and character descriptions make an immediate personal connection to me.
- My favorite part about being an agent is making dreams come true.
- Rules and trends aside, what I really look for in a story is something that I can picture being a trailer for a blockbuster movie.
- Whenever I make a book deal, I do the running man in the office.
- I really wish I saw more out-of-the-box, forward thinking story ideas in the slush.
- My ideal client would be one who is open to guidance, full of creative ideas, and who will never give up.
- What I love most about my current clientele is that they all show a deep understanding of the importance of life through their writing.
- What I want most for any client is for them to be happy.
Katie on Life
- If I weren't an agent, I'd probably be an editor or writer.
- My favorite (non-client) book is THE COLOR PURPLE.
- Secretly, I'm terrified of closed spaces.
- My secret boyfriend is my dachshund, Frankie Beans.
- I have a total girlcrush on Blake Lively.
- Sometimes, when no one is around, I vacuum rigorously.
- My favorite drink is Blue Nun Riesling.