Her answers are below in bold. Let us know what makes Jennifer like you in the comments.
- I've written 8 1/2 books, and 6 have seen the light of day.
- My favorite type of scene to write is the first chapter.
- No matter how long I've been writing, I still have issues with plotting.
- A typical comment from my critique partner is to go deeper with my characters.
- The book I wished I wrote is Wonder by RJ Palacio.
Jennifer on Getting Published
- If my agent really knew how crazy I was, she would find out that I juggle sometimes when I have writer's block.
- When I was querying, I felt hopeful and nervous. But mostly nervous.
- The biggest mistake I ever made querying was being too hasty and sending to agents who might not have been the best fit. (There's a reason I write fiction; research has never been my strong suit!)
- The craziest thought I've ever had while writing is that this mess of words I'm putting together might just possibly potentially hopefully maybe be kind of sort of good. (Crazy, right?)
- When I got "The Call" my first thought was "Holy cow."
- When I saw my book sale in Publishers Marketplace, I just sat there blinking at it with the stupidest grin on my face, because that was the first time it truly felt real.
Jennifer on Life Outside Writing
- If I weren't a writer, I'd probably be an editor. (Which I am, too.) (What can I say? I love books!)
- Secretly, I'm terrified of dentists.
- My secret girlfriend/boyfriend is John Krasinski.
- Sometimes, when no one is around, I sing to my dog.